This introductory course provides an overview of the hospitality and hotel industry, its growth and development, industry segments and their distinguishing characteristics, trends and current concerns. Students are introduced to the hotel business, including Hotel development and ownership, classification, hotel integration, marketing consortium, hotel chains, and related case study.
Core Competency: Hotel business and marketing basics
- Identify characteristics of the hospitality industry both past and present;
- Describe structures of the hotel industry and different classifications of hotels;
- Understand concepts of marketing consortium and the trends of hotel development
Core Competency: Apply concepts into current hotel industry
- Base on trends of hotel development, set up future goals and objectives;
- Able to come up with improve suggestions related to hotel business, decided whether to franchise or not;
- Classify different types of hotels by their characteristics.
Introduction to Hospitality (4th Edition) by John R. Walker
Method of Evaluation
|Activity (Discuss and presentation)||1||40%|
|Method||Number of Hours|