This course is designed to provide students with the principles of supervision as they apply specifically to the hospitality industry. Students will learn not only theories about leadership but also learn from the discussion of cases for their future career path. This Course also introduces students to the field of entrepreneurship and the role that it plays in society and in the tourism and hospitality industry. It focuses on the nature and theories of entrepreneurship, the characteristics and the development of entrepreneurial process. It also uses case studies to analyze the main characteristics of entrepreneurs. In this course, it also exposes career development and opportunities in the tourism and hospitality industry.
Core Competency: Concepts of leadership and entrepreneurship in hospitality
- Understand the role and importance of leadership and describe what is excellent leadership
- Understand the concept of entrepreneurship and its role in hospitality
- Identify the various career opportunities in tourism and hospitality.
Core Competency: Working performance and career development
- Develop a personal career path and set up a career goal in tourism industry;
- Be able to do self-assessment, drive self-evaluation along with self-enhancement;
- Write a proper resume and cover letter for job hunting in hotel and travel industry, be able to handle a job interview;
Supervision and Leadership in Tourism and Hospitality by Lynn van der Wagen, Christine Davies
Entrepreneurship in Hospitality and Tourism by Stephen C. Barth.
Method of Evaluation
|Method||Number of Hours|